Volunteer at Lanai
Lanai is thankful to have over 200 parents, guardians, grandparents and friends processed each year as official LAUSD Volunteers. They work tirelessly assisting with academics, art lessons, physical education and many more areas. We look forward to our community becoming approved to volunteer by following the steps outlined below.
BEFORE YOU APPLY, HAVE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS READY
- FOR LOGIN:
- Your LAUSD Parent Portal login information. If you do not have an account, go to https://parentws.lausd.net/parentauthen/register.jsp?app=passport to register.
- FOR THE APPLICATION:
- All "other" names you have used (legal first name, maiden name, etc.). These will all need to be listed in the application.
- At least one Emergency Contact name and cell phone.
- Recent TB test results taken within 60 Days of your application (test results are valid for a subsequent four years).
STEPS TO APPLY TO VOLUNTEER:
- Complete the LAUSD Volunteer Application
- Sign in to the Volunteer Management System using your Parent Portal credentials: https://volunteerapp.lausd.net/
- All volunteer jobs at Lanai are Tier II and do NOT require fingerprinting. DO NOT choose any Tier III jobs requiring fingerprinting or your application will stall.
- The application must be 100% complete to be approved and processed.
- Email your TB Test Results to the Lanai Parent Center
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Attach a copy of your TB test results taken within the 60 days prior to your application
- Put your name and TB Test in the Subject line (e.g. Jane Doe TB Test Results)
- Be Patient -- Approval is Not Immediate
- The approval process takes time and is handled by LAUSD personnel downtown.
- Processing can take up to two weeks.